Search for a story:

UPDATE: Missing baby returned to family

News in brief - Date: 11 January 2018

Written by:  / Viewed: 1217


The 5-month-old baby girl that was allegedly abducted from her home near Modjadjiskloof has been reunited with her family early on Thursday.

Police launched a massive search for the baby on Wednesday when she was allegedly grabbed by an unknown woman. The woman arrived at the house of the baby’s mother the previous evening, requesting accommodation for the night. She allegedly told the mother that she is from Zimbabwe.

According to provincial police spokesperson Brig Motlafela Mojapelo, the baby was brought to the Mokwakwaila Police station outside Tzaneen by the 52-year-old mother of the alleged kidnapper. “The suspect’s mother was allegedly at home in Mohlommeng Village in the Bolubedu area, when her 24-year-old daughter arrived with an unknown baby. When she questioned her daughter, the daughter admitted she stole the baby from a house in Madumeleng Village,” said Mojapelo.  

It is not clear where the suspect went after visiting her mother, and the search for her continues. Anybody who can assist the police in tracking down the woman is requested to phone their nearest police station.


To leave a comment you need to login / register first

Readers are encouraged to comment on articles and express their opinion. The views expressed by readers should in no way be perceived as necessarily that of the newspaper or its staff members. Comments may be pre-moderated by our team and if found offensive, be removed.

When commenting, please respect others. Be polite to all the members of our community, including other commenters, authors and the subjects of articles. We believe strongly that the Zoutnet group of websites should be a safe and welcoming space for all individuals, groups and their ideas. As such, any rudeness, insults, hate speech, hostility, or language that incites racism or unfair discrimination may be removed and you may lose your ability to comment. 

The 5-month-old baby girl was reunited with her family early on Thursday (11 January) morning. Photo: Limpopo Police Communications.




Recent Articles