Young baby Peyton and mother Stacy. Stacy suffered a seizure in the shower at home and collapsed shortly after giving birth. A brain clot is suspected. Photo supplied.

Young mother and father urgently need the public's support

News in brief - Date: 16 May 2024


Residents are implored to help support a young Louis Trichardt mother who suffered a seizure shortly after giving birth to her first child with her husband.

Stacy (Annastasia) Tucker, aged 27, gave birth to baby Peyton on 6 May by emergency Caesarean section at the Louis Trichardt maternity hospital. The birth costs were covered by a hospital plan, which does not include additional hospital treatment.

Within an hour of being discharged from the maternity hospital, she had a seizure in the shower at home and collapsed. Her husband, Philip, rushed her back to the hospital, and she was then transferred by ambulance to the MediClinic in Polokwane.

Stacy experienced further seizures both in the ambulance and in the casualty ward, while Philip desperately tried to raise the funds needed for her admission to the hospital. He managed to borrow the R66,000 required for admission from friends and got Stacy admitted for an estimated six days.

According to Malcolm Tucker, Philip’s father, a brain clot is suspected, and additional tests, including a CT scan costing R16,000, were necessary to diagnose the issue properly. Fortunately, a cousin of Philip's quickly transferred the funds for the CT scan from Johannesburg on Tuesday afternoon.

To assist the young family with the additional medical costs not covered by the hospital plan, a fundraising page has been set up at BackaBuddy, which can be visited at for those who would like to donate and help fund Stacy’s treatment. In the meantime, baby Peyton is being cared for by her paternal grandparents and is thriving.

For more information, please phone Malcolm at Tel 084 262 1386.


Recent Articles

Search for a story:




Andries van Zyl

Andries joined the Zoutpansberger and Limpopo Mirror in April 1993 as a darkroom assistant. Within a couple of months he moved over to the production side of the newspaper and eventually doubled as a reporter. In 1995 he left the newspaper group and travelled overseas for a couple of months. In 1996, Andries rejoined the Zoutpansberger as a reporter. In August 2002, he was appointed as News Editor of the Zoutpansberger, a position he holds until today.

Email: [email protected]